Mark A. Sippel
Our Firm uses a four step process to evaluate every case, every client, and every need that presents itself. We are here to solve problems, and having a structured framework gives us the ability to focus on the real issues and reach the very best resolution for our clients.
· Finding the right lawyer First, we need to know if we can work together to reach a solution. Finding the right lawyer who has that combination of compassion, insight, experience, and rapport is mission critical. You want a lawyer you can trust, and the lawyer needs a client that they can rely on to respond and provide accurate, reliable and relevant information.
· Understanding the problem and the real issues Second, we need to understand your problem and the real issues. We are experts at getting to the bottom of the situation. In most cases we ask prospective clients to do some homework, some preparation and planning before we meet. This allows both of us (client and lawyer) to be prepared to intelligently discuss your issues and makes our initial meeting productive and meaningful. Sometimes, “telling your story” does not yield all the information we need. In that situation we use other tactics to get to the root of the matter.
· Presenting the options Third, we lay out the various legal scenarios that may apply, the laws and procedures that govern what is possible. We work to present to you choices and potential solutions that may resolve the matter. This typically involves some teaching, and presentation of the risks and benefits to each course of action. We draw diagrams, and write out lists of suggestions and “to do lists” as part of our investment in your consultation and advisory in our mutual goal to get to “done!”.
· Serving your goals Finally, we look for the solution or decision that will best serve your goals. This is your case, and we want you to believe fully in the results we can achieve to bring about completion. We lay out for you the costs, fees, and investment you may make in pursuing the choice that is best for you.
Special Qualifications: Proven competency in jury trials and judicial hearings at all levels.; Dynamic expertise in building rapport, applying legal knowledge with practical insight to accomplish intended business and personal results; Acclaimed specialties: designing financial strategies in business formation, litigation, and debtor & creditor arena; implementing those ideas in documents and contract drafting; Strong research skills, traditional and computer, with analytical expertise in reviewing large volumes of documentation and materials to find patterns, develop theories of the case and supporting positions; Fully Computer literate.
Law Firm History:
Current: Private Practice Kingman, Arizona, July 2002 ; Mohave County Deputy Public Defender Kingman, Arizona, March 2001-July 2002; Mark A. Sippel, P.C. Mesa, Arizona 1995-2001; Robert J. Novak & Associates Phoenix, Arizona, 1990-1994; Mark A. Sippel, P.C. Tempe, Arizona, 1981-1989.
Admission and Education Details:
- Admitted in 1978, Arizona and U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 1995
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Arizona State University College of Law
- Class of 1978 J.D. Cum Laude
- Colgate University, Hamilton NY
Class of 1975 B.A. Philosophy and Religion Magna Cum Laude
- Phi Beta Kappa. Recipient: War Memorial Alumni Scholarship Award; Outstanding Freshman Chemist, 1971.
Unravel real estate title issues from non lawyer / non title company transfers to achieve marketable title. Litigation to Recover Assets and inheritance for the family, success at trial and on appeal, actual collection of properties and monies completed! Small Business owner litigation to establish her ownership of company, success at trial, appeal, and actual collection of all funds and attorney’s fees. Real Estate Quiet title of complex land transactions. Mulit Million Dollar Probate, Land recovery, Trust administration. Emergency intervention at trial stages of criminal cases and process motion to bring about dismissal of charges, high percentage of jury verdict trial wins. Wrote the contracts and charted the financial strategies for integrating a multi-corporation company, including negotiation of a $20 million credit line with a publicly held company. For Chapter 11 Debtor franchise negotiated sales tax obligation from $250,0000 to $80,000 to further plan consummation; Organized, and consummated the sale of 14 store locations back to franchiser including all documents of sale, title insurance, notes, contracts, releases and supporting documents; On a 3 day deadline wrote Briefs to the 9th Circuit to win a reversal of Summary Judgment. On numerous occasions, assembled, analyzed, and presented the documents, financial data, spreadsheets and notebooks to successfully build cases in Bankruptcy Court; Defended diesel fuel tax Assessment of $267,000 against a fuel importer to a “non pursuit”; Limited civil fraud prosecution of “Speaker Case” to a reduced dollar assessment against corporation only with no personal liability to corporate principals
Hobbies & Interests
Music – guitar, bass, Wood working / turning, Photography, In-line skating, Gardening, Reading, Anything outdoors in Rural Arizona.
See some of Mark’s photographs in the Additional Materials Page.
Mark also has a heart of compassion for behavioral health, and serves as a Board Member of Health Choice Integrated Care, which funds both acute care and behavioral health for Northern Arizona, and is a Legacy Board Member with NARBHA Institute, Inc. the successor to Northern Arizona Regional Behavioral Health Authority. He is a former Member, Board of Directors, Mohave Mental Health Clinic, Inc. (Non-Profit), November 2002-March 2003. Member, and served as the Finance Committee Chairman, Northern Arizona Regional Behavioral Health Authority. Member.
See us on FaceBook at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SippelLaw/